Friday, April 17, 2015

Mothers Day Card #2

I have another Mother's day card today. See my first one HERE. I've been obsessed with water coloring lately and love to experiment and try new techniques, I often will create a bunch of card backgrounds/bases before i even decide what I'm doing on a card and I let that inspire me.

Hope you like it! :)


I started by taking some bright colored distress inks and pressed them on my non stick craft mat. I sprayed them with water and dried it with my heat tool, then did another layer but on this layer only a couple little spritz and that's how i got the small darker drops which i love.



I stamped the flowers and leave from the Simon Says Stamp April card kit  with distress inks and sprayed them with water to give them a softer look. I popped them up on some foam tape, stamped the same greeting i used in my previous Mother's Day Card on some vellum and added some clear sequins to finish it off.

Happy Mother's Day


7 comments:

  1. hello Justin, it is nice to meet you...WOW...your card is amazing, super background! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, I had so much fun making the card and the background :)

      Delete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Justin! I run the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/simonsaysstamp/pool/ I also search for card makers to be spotted on Simon's blog. I would love to submit this to their blog team to see if they would like to use it in their next, "Spotted" post for May. If they share your card, they'll need your email to let you know but I don't see it on your blog. You can send it to me at bdengler4@juno.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rich and gorgeous colors!! Congrats on being spotted by Simon Says Stamp! Way to go, Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is perfection Justin! It looks like there are so many interesting layers. The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the bright colors you used Justin. Absolutely stunning background. Congrats on being "spotted" at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. mother day

    ReplyDelete