Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Creating an acetate overlay

For today's card I'm creating my own acetate overlay with Judikins Embossable window plastic and one of my favorite New Simon Says stamp Cling background stamps. This can easily be done with any stamp be it background or with repeat stamping any image.


To start I took my sheet of acetate, put it in my Misti and heavily applied my anti-static powder bag to avoid any stray white embossing powder. I double stamped with versamark and white heat embossed it (make sure to get your heat gun nice and hot to limit the time on the acetate and avoid warping). For the rainbow background behind the acetate I lightly wet a piece of watercolor paper and colored it with my Jane Davenport watercolor mermaid markers.




Since the background was so bright and impactful I wanted to keep the sentiment and decoration really simple. I white heat embossed and die cut the "Woot" and "It's your Birthday" from CZ designs Birthday Palooza set, one of my all time favorites! popped up the woot and added some black sequins and enamel dots.


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment