Monday, May 4, 2015

Have a Sweet Birthday!

Today I have a birthday card featuring the Avery Elle Bonjour stamp set which has to be one of my absolute favorites. The Macaroons are so sweet and the sentiments fit perfectly!

Enjoy! :)




I started with a piece of 4" x 5.25" watercolor paper and a standard A2 top folding card base. I took the outline macaroon stamp and did some second generation stamping in each color of distress ink, stacking the macaroons in a pyramid. I then painted them in with the coordinating inks by pressing some ink on to my craft mat and using a paintbrush to pick up the color. I added white dots with my Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen to the middle of the macaroons, it adds some great texture to the cookie. I did a wash of pumice stone in the background, let is dry and stamped my greeting in Dusty Concord Distress ink. I added wink of stella on some of the macaroons and some small star sequins on the background.



I embossed some Lavender card stock with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and inked the edges with the same Dusty Concord Distress ink to give a base to the macaroons. 
I rounded the corner with my Corner Chomper, tied a bow with some American Crafts Purple Twine (Tip* put a glue dot behind the bow and it won't move on the card) ,and lastly popped it up on some foam tape and attached it to my card.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment