Monday, May 11, 2015

Masculine Galaxy Inspired Card!



Today's card is a fun galaxy inspired masculine birthday card. I've loved everything space since i was little and I love that it has become a huge trend right now, It's such a cool look and its super easy to create. 

I started off with a piece small piece Neenah Solar White card stock and die cut the Happy die from Avery Elle (this has to be my favorite happy die, it's so versatile and the perfect size for any card) (Tip* a perfect was to add an intricate die is to inlay it on your card, it'll come out in the exact shape and is very easy to apply).  



To color my background i took Distress inks in the colors: Faded Jean, Aged Mahogany, Chipped Sapphire, Black soot, Dusty Concord and Pumice Stone. I smooshed them on to my craft mat, spritzed them with water and then painted the colors on to a piece of watercolor card stock with a medium sized brush. I did multiple layers drying them in between to build up the color. When everything was dry I flicked water droplets on the base and then blotted it with a paper towel, it leaves almost like a bleached effect, Kristina Werner does this effect a lot too! I then took the same Happy die and die cut it slightly higher than the middle of the panel.



I took my adhesive and made covered the entire card base where the watercolor panel would be, being especially attentive to where the space for my inlay was going to be. I adhered the watercolor piece and then my inlay and the small water colored pieces between all the letters, The inlay makes a cool effect as if you painted the background around the sentiment. Last but not least i stamped an white heat embossed the word birthday from Winnie and water below the happy, and added some Clear sequins scattered over the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment