Thursday, July 16, 2015

Happy Birthday Faded Floral Card

Today's card is a fun soft birthday card that features probably my most used stamp set recently the flowers from Simon Says Stamp...I promise I'll take a break from this set for a little bit haha.


I started with a piece of watercolor card stock and sprayed it with a very light mist of water just to get it slightly damp. I gathered my colors of distress inks for the flowers and started to stamp them in random pattern, after I stamped each one I would immediately spray it again and press it with a paper towel to take the color off. I finished stamping all my flowers and leaves and dried the paper with my heat tool and glued it to my Simon Says Stamp fog card base.





 I took a die from the lawn fawn small stitched circle stackables and die cut a piece of Simon Says Stamp fog card stock and a piece of vellum to layer on top of each other. I then die cut the word happy from Hero Arts happy stamp set and glued it on to the vellum circle, to attach that I put glue under where the word was glued to attach it to the fog card stock...to keep the edges of the vellum down I also put a couple dots where the stitched were cut, you can't even tell there's glue there. I then took the small birthday stamp from SSS You set and curved it a little on my block to match the curve of the happy die cut. i popped the whole circle on some foam tape and attached it to my card, and of course to finish it off i added some Wink of Stella to the happy and some pink sequins scattered near the sentiment.


Sorry I was post-less for a little bit, you know summer business. I'm back in full swing now :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment