Thursday, September 3, 2015

DIY Pineapple Stamp

Today's card features a fun stamp the I hand carved. I know that may seem like a daunting project but i promise its super easy. This has always been a favorite craft medium of mine I love the endless possibilities it has.

Pineapples are really on trend right now and thought they would look really cool on a card using these two inks from ranger; Lemon Twist and Electric Lime they're so bright and just scream summer and I thought they would be the perfect combo for a pineapple.I started by doing a quick sketch onto some rubber linoleum of a small pineapple. I took my carving tool and carved it out wherever the drawing was, I did this kind of loosely because I wasn't looking for a perfect stamp I wanted it to be kind of sketchy. I then cut the stamp out with my craft knife and was ready to test it out.



I inked the Leaves with the Electric Lime and the base with the Lemon Twist and stamped it repeatedly over my card base, I think it came out amazing its so bright and cheery...Speaking of cheery I decided to use the Cheers! die from the Simon Says Stamps Plan On It release as part of my sentiment. I die cut 6 of them from Neenah Solar White and water colored one of them with some Peacock Feathers and Mermaid lagoon distress ink, I covered it with clear Wink of Stella and stacked and glued all six on top of each other. I then pieced together a couple words from the Winnie and Walter big sentiments set to say it's your birthday, stamped it one some SSS Orange Peel card stock and cut it out to be a double flagged banner.


I matted the Pineapple panel on the same Orange peel Card stock and then to my card base, attached the Cheers! and popped up the banner on some foam tape, attached them to the card and added a couple sequins to finish it off.

 Have a Great day everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment