Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Joy To The World (SSS Create Joy)

Hey everyone! for today's card I wanted to feature this awesome bold JOY stamp from Simon Says Stamps Create Joy Release.This big JOY stamp is a great focal point on any card!

 I started by taking a piece of water color paper and stamped the big outline JOY in versamark and heat embossed it with fine detail white embossing powder. I took my 4mm molotow and masked off the inside of the letters as to not get any green ink on them.


 To create the background I took some mini distress inks in the colors Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles, Iced Spruce, Weathered Wood and a little Peacock Feathers mixed in there, and smooshed them on my craft mat. I made one layer of color on the paper first then dried it with my heat tool, did another layer with more ink and less water to get a darker look, this creates great dimension with the lights and darks on different layers. I then did the water bleaching technique and splattered some Copic opaque white to get some fun spots/splatters on the card.


After a final drying I removed the masking over the letters so I could paint them in. I took some more distress inks in Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, and Worn lipstick and mixed them into my own pinkish red shade. To add some more interest to the letters I painted them in an ombre starting with the dark at the bottom and going lighter upwards. I dried that with my heat tool and added a layer of clear Wink of Stella (hard to capture in a photo, but it definitely sparkles).

To finish off the card I heat embossed "To the world" on a strip of vellum from the coordinating SSS set Big Add Ons, I rounded the two top corners, added some clear iridescent sequins and some white die cut Lawn Fawn snow flakes.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Also entering this in the SSSflickrchallenge#33 

Supplies:

*Affiliate links used when possible, at no additional charge to you this helps me provide more content/projects for you :) *



No comments:

Post a Comment