Thursday, December 3, 2015

Merry Christmas

For today's card I used the new Merry & Bright die from Simon Says Stamp, to create a fun tone on tone background with a little dimension.



To start off I die cut about 12 of the "Merry" dies from Neenah solar white card stock. To assemble the background I glued the die cuts on to a piece of 4"x5.25" card stock starting with the one that was going to be my main focus, and then covering the rest of the panel having some hang off, I stacked two for the main one and for the top one I colored it with Cracked Pistachio Distress ink, After attaching all the words I trimmed off all the edges to have nice clean sides.




Next I took some tumbled Glass distress ink, pressed it on my craft sheet and mixed it with a little white picket fence distress paint. to create a splatter on my card I took a paint brush and dipped it in the paint and flicked it on the panel. I then took a small strip of water color paper and stamped and embossed "Christmas" from Lawn Fawn Toboggan together set, painted pink over it with distress inks and attached it under the Merry. To finish off the card I added some sequins and popped it on some foam tape and on to a kraft card base.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!


Supplies:

*Affiliate links used when possible, at no additional charge to you this helps me provide more content/projects for you :) *


No comments:

Post a Comment