Friday, December 18, 2015

SSS You Have My Heart + One background 2 Holidays

Today post is showcasing a background stamp from Simon Says Stamps newest release called You Have My Heart. This is such a sweet release featuring some awesome stamps, a new ink, dies and more. I created two cards with the Stepping stone background stamp to show how it can be used for a Christmas card or Valentine's.


For the first card I stamped the background on some water color paper with versamark and white embossed it. Next I took a ton of red and green distress inks and painted in the circle shapes with the Green and the surrounding background with a mix of reds.


 Since the background was so bright and busy I wanted to keep the sentiment simple and separated so you could see it and so the base was really popped! I took some red pigment ink and stamped my sentiment on a piece of white paper and clear embossed over it. to add some texture I took a stripe of Mesh origami paper behind it (one of my favorite things to use, trying to get more people to try it lol). I popped it up on some foam tape as well as my background on to my card base, and of course added some clear sequins and droplets to finish it off.



For the Valentine's card I started off with the same white embossed water color piece. I then took spun sugar and worn lipstick distress ink and created an ombre' from dark to light up the card (any ink that gets in the embossing easily wipes off).



For the sentiment I die cut some red card stock and some red felt using the Lawn Fawn Hugs die, I layered the felt on the card stock to give it some stability and attached it to my background panel. I then embossed the "lots of love &" on some black card stock with white embossing powder, attached that with some foam tape, added some sequins and gems to tie it all together and popped up my panel on a red card base.


This is such a Versatile stamp, I know I'll be using it a lot :)
Happy Holidays 

No comments:

Post a Comment