Thursday, February 15, 2018

Black and Neon card with Gel pen coloring

For today's card I wanted to use this little painting I had made a long time when experimenting with some gel pens. I had drawn a little mountain scene with a Copic multi-liner on some watercolor card stock, colored/painted it in with the Sakura Gellyroll moonlight pens and covered them with spectrum noir clear glitter pen.



To start the card I took my mountain drawing and cut out around the tops leaving the bottom of the  panel to attach to the base which is a piece of 4" x 5.25" black card stock that I splattered with some metallic Gansai tambi paints to create a starry sky effect.



For the sentiment I took a piece of the same black card stock and white heat embossed the 2 lines on the top and bottom. For the "Adventure" I die cut the letter with the My Favorite things Bottle cap letters and colored them with the same gel pens I used on the mountains. I then layered all the pieces of the card popping them up with black fun foam to create some dimension.

**Tip** to get a nice blend with the gel pens color two colors next to each other and with and almost dry paintbrush blend the colors together with a swiping/pouncing motion**

2 comments:

  1. How does this have no comments? It's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Lydia, yea I'm really trying to expand my followers across all the socials, it's coming along just slowly lol

    ReplyDelete